Solid Recovered Fuel Plant
Our Waste Solutions business develops innovative solutions for waste management and treatment with an aim to turn waste previously sent to landfill into a valuable resource.
In the UK, Local Authorities spend over £1Bn per year on landfill tax, sending around 15 million tonnes of waste to landfill. Public Power Solutions see this waste as a resource. We have pioneered a unique technology in the UK to convert household waste to a renewable fuel that can replace traditional fossil fuels.
Our Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) Plant was developed and built in 2014. It was the first of its kind to use municipal household waste as its primary feed. The plant in Swindon, is currently converting 55,000 tonnes of household waste per year into fuel.
Key features and Benefits
- Positive financial return
- Landfill avoidance
- Achieving environmental targets
- Ability to produce Solid Recovered Fuel (SRF) either loose or baled
- Extraction of valuable ferrous and non-ferrous metals
- Reducing carbon emissions
- Sustainable solution