The Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) is available for use by residents of Swindon to dispose of household recycling and household waste and is located at the following address:
Cheney Manor Industrial Estate
Proof of residency is required to use the site such as a driving licence, council tax or utility bill.
The HWRC is open every day except:
- Every Wednesday
- Christmas Day (closed all day)
- Boxing Day (closed all day)
- New Year’s Day (closed all day).
On all other days the HWRC is open:
- From 8 May to 31 October: 8.00am to 5.00pm all days except on Thursday (8am to 8pm) and Wednesday (closed all day)
- From 1 November to 31 March: 8.00am to 4.00pm all days except on Wednesday (closed all day)
The following may be brought to the HWRC:
- Electrical household products (including fridges and freezers)
- Personal computers
- Scrap metal
- Garden waste
- Plastic bottles
- Batteries (including car batteries)
- Used engine oil
- General household waste
The HWRC is a facility for residents of Swindon Borough Council.
Residents are advised of the following charges and requirements:
- Household DIY waste created by the occupier will be limited to no more than five 25kg bags per vehicle. Waste must be brought to site in sturdy bags to avoid excessive unloading time
- All plasterboard and mixed waste containing plasterboard will be charged at £3.50 per bag for up to five bags or at published commercial rates for larger quantities. Plasterboard requires specialist disposal therefore incurs higher charges by disposal sites
- Household asbestos must be in a sealed bag or fully wrapped in plastic sheeting. Charges will not be applied for household asbestos waste produced by the householder. Asbestos that is not wrapped in the correct way will not be accepted at the HWRC.
- Car and motorcycle tyres from residential premises will be charged at £2.80 per item
- Household chemicals will only be accepted if they are in secure, sealed containers
Controls on vans and trailers
There have been recent changes at the site to improve safety and reduce waiting times for household cars. All vans and trailers are now using a separate area to tip off and are subject to controls to ensure that charges are applied to commercial and non-household waste. Waste will be inspected to ensure that the correct charges are applied to non-household waste and records will be kept to monitor compliance.
Household vans and trailers are limited to 12 visits per year. Additional visits can be arranged by written request to the site operator, Public Power Solutions Ltd using the following form. Request for extra disposal visits
Additional visits will only be permitted when the vehicle is carrying the householders own household waste and controls will be applied to monitor usage.
Please contact 0345 209 3470 or email: email@example.com for more information.
For general enquiries please contact StreetSmart:
- Tel: 01793 445501 (9.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday)
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org